Erectile Dysfunction, Erection, ED, Impotence
Levitra Generic names:
Levitra (Vardenafil) is an oral drug, used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. Levitra has longer effect then Viagra.
Start time 6 min.
Effect 6 hours.
Erectile Dysfunction: causes
There are several causes of erectile dysfunction, commonly known as impotence. These include impaired blood circulation in the penis, nerve damage, hormonal imbalances, excessive alcohol use, emotional problems, and certain medications that you may use for other conditions. Erectile dyfunction is often due to some of this causes.
Levitra is idicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Dosage and Administration
Levitra should be taken orally without regard to meals.
The recommended initial adult dose for patients to 65 years of age is 10 mg once daily, taken 1 hour before sexual activity. Adults 65 years of age and older – 5 mg as a single dose, 1 hour before sexual intercourse.
Taking Levitra, there are no food or alcohol restrictions.
If you miss a dose, take this medicine as soon as possible. Then go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Warning and Precautions
Do not use Levitra if:
- You have an unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines
- You are taking Erythrityl, Tetranitrate, Isosorbide, Dinitrate, Isosorbide, Mononitrate, Nitroglycerin, Pentaerythritol, Tetranitrate, Ranolazine
- Pregnancy category B.
- You have such diseases as
- Abnormal penis, including curved penis and birth defects of the penis – Chance of problems occurring may be increased and should be used with caution in these patients.
- Age greater than 50 years or
- Coronary artery disease or
- Diabetes or
- Hyperlipidemia (excess of lipids in the blood) or
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) or
- Low cup to disc ratio (“crowded disc”) or
- Smoking – These conditions may increase risk for a serious eye problem called NAION.
- Angina (reoccurring chest pain) or
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) or
- Heart attack (within the last 6 months) or
- Heart failure or
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) or
- Hypotension (low blood pressure) or
- Liver disease (severe) or
- Kidney disease (severe) or
- Retinal disorders (rare hereditary eye problem) or
- Stroke (recent history of) – Vardenafil has not been studied in patients with these medical conditions and should not be used.
- Bleeding disorders or
- Stomach ulcers – Chance of problems occurring may be increased; it is not known if the medicine is safe for use in these patients.
- Bone marrow cancer or
- Leukemia or
- Sickle-cell anemia – Vardenafil may cause this condition to become worse.
- Heart disease, underlying – Chance of low blood pressure occurring is greater; vardenafil should be used carefully in these patients.
- Liver disease, moderate – Chance of problems occurring may be increased. Lower starting doses may be used and doses increased as needed and as tolerated.
- Heart blood flow problems – These conditions may cause you to be more sensitive to vardenafil.
- NAION (serious eye condition) in one or both eyes, previously – may increase your chance of getting NAION again.
- QT prolongation (rare heart condition) – Vardenafil may cause this condition to become worse.
Patients should be informed that Levitra offers no protection from the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases. Partners who use Levitra should be counseled about protective measures that are necessary to guard against the spread of sexually transmitted agents, including the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
Levitra is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensivity to any component of the formulation or other prostaglandins, or in patients with anatomical deformation of the penis, such as angulation, cavernosal fibrosis.
Along with desirable effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects
- Feeling of warmth and redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest
- Stuffy nose
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal vision
- Acid or sour stomach
- Back pain
- Bloody nose
- Body aches or pain
- Burning feeling in chest or stomach
- Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings
- Changes in color vision
- Changes in vision
- Difficulty in moving
- Difficulty seeing at night
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dim vision
- Dry mouth
- Dryness or soreness of throat
- Excessive muscle tone
- Eye pain
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately.
Drug Abuse And Dependence
There is no information to indicate that abuse or dependency occurs with LEVITRA.