Depression is a disease that disrupts emotional balance of a person for a long time and worsens the quality of his life (working activity, personal relationship, leisure, etc.). Depression can arise as a response to a psychological trauma or a negative event, however, this disease often develops for no apparent reason. Fortunately, depression can be cured. Talking about your problems is the first step towards recovery from depression.
See in the article:
- Depression symptoms;
- Forms of depression
- Men’s depression;
- Women’s depression;
- Treatment of depression.
- Sadness, anxiety or irritability;
- Sleeping problems, too early awakening;
- Loss of interest in work, food, sex life;
- Feeling of guilt and inferiority complex, no hope for a happy future;
- Problems of concentrating and constant fatigue;
- Weight loss or weight gain;
- Headaches, heart pain, back pain (without organic causes);
- Excessive concern for one’s health;
- Thoughts of suicide and death.
Forms of depression
Canadian Pharmacy singles out many forms of depression – about sixty. The most common forms of depression are bipolar, postpartum, major depression.
The main forms of depressive disorders are as follows:
- Major depression;
- Bipolar depression;
- Seasonal depression;
- Physical depression;
- Postpartum depression;
- Anxious depression;
- Dystrophic depression;
- Ironic depression;
- Adynamic depression;
- Asthenic depression;
- Somatic depression.
It’s not so easy to recognize men’s depression due, as many men prefer not talking about their problems. Besides, men often hide their depression behind aggressive behavior and / or abuse of alcohol. Alcohol is not the only means which men use to relieve depression symptoms. Excessive work, extreme sports, gambling – all these factors may indicate men’s depression.
Typical men’s depression symptoms:
- Decreased stress resistancy;
- Sense of uncertainty in making decisions;
- Aggressive and hostile behavior;
- Alcohol abuse, alcohol dependence;
- “Burnout” syndrome;
- Impulsive behavior;
- Enthusiasm for extreme sports, intentional excessive physical activity;
- Thoughts of suicide and death.
Women’s depression is statistically more common than men’s depression. Women fall into stressful situations more often and they are more likely to seek medical help.
Causes of female depression:
It’s much easier to prevent a disease, so you should know the causes of prolonged spleen and apathy. Causes of female depression can be both genetic or triggered by external conditions.
Genetic causes of female depression:
- Biochemical factors;
- The surrounding world and the social environment;
- Other psychological and social reasons;
- Reproductive age;
- Elderly age.
Treatment of depression
Depression is treated better than other mental disorders. About 80% of patients can be completely cured of depression.
But we need to understand that depression affects both the mental sphere of a person’s life and his ability to social adaptation. (According to the WHO, depression is the main cause of disability in the world). That’s why, a patient needs a complex treatment of depression, including Canadian Pharmacy antidepressants, psychotherapy, depression natural remedies, instrumental methods.
Psychotherapy for depression treatment
Patients may use various types of psychotherapy to treat depression:
- Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.
- Psychoanalysis for depression;
- Gestalt therapy, humanistic, etc.;
- Psychological consultation.
Drug treatment for depression
Many researchers note the effectiveness of psychotherapy in combination with antidepressants, which can be conditionally divided into two large groups:
- Tricyclic class (TCAs) of antidepressants;
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
The effectiveness of drug treatment for depression depends on several factors: confidential relations with the doctor, qualitative and reliable feedback, careful compliance with antidepressant dosage, treatment regimen and recommendations. You should understand that the possible antidepressant side effects are minor than the consequences of severe depression. You can’t interrupt antidepressants therapy, reduce the recommended antidepressant dosage. You can buy generic antidepressants online (Prozac, Wellbutrin SR, Lexapro, Zoloft, Desyrel, Lithium and others) at Canadian Pharmacy on beneficial conditions!
The main stages of depression drug treatment include the following steps:
- Selection of an antidepressant, its effective therapeutic dose and treatment regimen;
- The main course of depression therapy;
- Supportive course of treatment, which usually lasts 4-6 months. It is designed to prevent recurrence of the disease.
If you need antidepressants for depression, do not be scared. Modern drugs are not addictive, have minimum side effects and cure depression for a short time.